Friday, February 17, 2012

Cool mom...good or bad

Being a mother is a hard work. A job that does not have salary; or gives promotions. A job that requires attention, 24 hours a day with no day off. Recalling the times when we were still young, we remember our very own mothers how strict they were, how they treated us and how they made decisions for us. I, myself, experienced this but I did not complain. I love my mom and cold have done anything better without her. A mother can inspire you and be the wind beneath your wings as what Bette Midler’s song with the same title. As time and technology prospers, mothers nowadays also work; either in an office or in other industry. What others do not know, a working mom is twice as hard rather than being a home mother. You have to balance work and house responsibilities. Oftentimes a working mom does not even have a single time to spare for herself. Thus her relationship with her husband sometimes is affected. But that’s another story. One characteristic of a working mom and a modern day mom is being cool in which I find it nice. Others may not believe this but children can also benefit from a cool mother. I am not saying that full time moms are not good but being a cool mom makes your kids more open to you. They would not be afraid to tell you what they are up to and what they think. I think that this can be a start for an open relationship between a mom and her child. I believe that juvenile delinquency would lower down if only mothers would take time to listen to these young adults. Show them how they really care about, empathize with them and make them understand the real world. I do not agree with mothers who think that their children are still young and could not decide what to do or what do they want. I am also a mother. I let my kids decide (under my guidance of course), let them speak for themselves or what do they have to say. It’s like teaching them on how to be responsible and take things at a time. Simple words of encouragement are needed to boost these young adults’ confidence and letting them learn of one individual’s responsibility. I think being a cool mom is fantastic. Being able to reach to your child and share their thoughts is one of the reasons why most teenagers hang out with their friends and share their problems. They think that they can tell everything to their friends. But do you think friends can help them most of the time? No. The only person available is their parents. Be cool, be their friend. With that, you know that your relationship would be deeper and trust would be clearer.

No comments:

Post a Comment